St Albans City Youth: U15 East lift Spring Cup
- Credit: Archant
U15 East hit London Colney Colts for six to win the Spring Cup.
Cain Joseph (three), Ewan Brand, James Nicolson and Ollie Pawlaczek scored in the 6-0 win.
U15 North beat Belstone in the League Cup final, with Alfie Booth scoring two goals and singles from Euan McDonald and MOM Will Sharp.
A late goal from Adam Russell snatched a 2-1 for U15 Orient against club-mates U15 West. Khaled Uddin netted for West and Adam Perkis got Orient’s leveller.
U16 South picked up two wins in a double-header with London Maccabi Lions. They won the first game 2-1, with goals from Ollie Astley and Ryan Flanagan. The second game ended 3-0 after goals from Dennie Williams (two) and Ryan Flanagan.
U16 North held their nerve to win the Spring Cup after a penalty shootout with club-mates U16 West. Lorenzo Federici scored the winning penalty.
U14 West beat Harpenden Jaguars 6-1, with goals from Kwame Youri (two), Ross Andrews, Tom Keating, Joe Parkin and MOM Matthew Nash.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
U13 North lost 3-2 to Hemel Athletic in the Premier League Cup final. Chris Rowe and Billy Owen scored for the Saints.
St Albans City Youth – Girls
An understrength U15 North side lost 5-3 to Watford Wasp in their league title decider. Emily Schofield (two) and Dani Tyler scored and POM was Shauna Smith.
Goals from POM Aimee Smith, Ellie Jenkins, Rosie McGahan and Abbie Smith gave U15 South a 4-0 victory over Hormead Hares, which saw them finish fourth in the table.
U14 South wrapped up the season with a 4-0 win over Bengeo Tigers. Ellie Holder, Alice Benson, Chloe Dearman and goalkeeper Emily Sibley were on target.
The U12 girls finished runners up in the County Cup after losing to Stevenage on penalties.
Charlotte Gurney scored twice as U11 North beat Bedwell Rangers 2-1.
U11 South lost 2-1 to Knebworth. Zoe Cowan scored and Katie Hamm was POM.