St Albans City Youth U14 North claim tournament win after not conceding a goal
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Youth U14 North took part in the St Albans Rangers tournament and came out on top – after not conceding a goal or losing a single game.
The first two matches, against Harpenden Colts and Herons, both ended up in 0-0 draws before St Albans Rangers Blues were beaten 2-0 thanks to goals from Andrew Gentle and Tyler Cadiou-McCarthy.
A third 0-0 draw in their final group game against St Albans Rangers Zelos meant a semi-final against the same opponents.
This time, however, the North won 2-0 with Gentle and Cadiou-McCarthy once again on the score-sheet.
And it needed just one goal to beat Harpenden Colts in the final, scored by Cadiou-McCarthy, who was the golden boot in the WFL Green Division this season with 29 in 13 appearances.
You may also want to watch:
The trophy was a fine reward for a fine team effort and thanks went to U14 South keeper Jasper Robb for playing in the final and keeping a clean sheet.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 10 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans