St Albans City Youth U14 North claim tournament win after not conceding a goal
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Youth U14 North took part in the St Albans Rangers tournament and came out on top – after not conceding a goal or losing a single game.
The first two matches, against Harpenden Colts and Herons, both ended up in 0-0 draws before St Albans Rangers Blues were beaten 2-0 thanks to goals from Andrew Gentle and Tyler Cadiou-McCarthy.
A third 0-0 draw in their final group game against St Albans Rangers Zelos meant a semi-final against the same opponents.
This time, however, the North won 2-0 with Gentle and Cadiou-McCarthy once again on the score-sheet.
And it needed just one goal to beat Harpenden Colts in the final, scored by Cadiou-McCarthy, who was the golden boot in the WFL Green Division this season with 29 in 13 appearances.
You may also want to watch:
The trophy was a fine reward for a fine team effort and thanks went to U14 South keeper Jasper Robb for playing in the final and keeping a clean sheet.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area