St Albans City Youth U11 Orient win Colney Heath tournament
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Youth U11 Orient went undefeated to claim victory in the Colney Heath six-a-side Tournament.
They came through their group with victories over Hadley Rangers (2-1), AFC Finchley (6-1), Omonia White (2-0) and Colney Heath (4-0).
Dima Gusev, Josh Toop, Alex Hails, Antonio Desidero, Will Antcliffe, Bertie Postema and Ollie Jay all socred goals in those games to set up a semi-final with AFC Finchley.
This was a much closer affair and it needed a solitary goal from Postema to secure a 1-0 win.
The final was against Omonia White in the final and despite playing some lovely football and creating chances they found the White’s keeper in great form.
You may also want to watch:
But with a penalty shoot-out looming Postema again broke the deadlock with a fierce left-foot shot.
It was a tremendous team display with goalkeeper Vicente Luciani in brilliant form for the whole tournament.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school