St Albans City Youth U11 Orient win Colney Heath tournament
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Youth U11 Orient went undefeated to claim victory in the Colney Heath six-a-side Tournament.
They came through their group with victories over Hadley Rangers (2-1), AFC Finchley (6-1), Omonia White (2-0) and Colney Heath (4-0).
Dima Gusev, Josh Toop, Alex Hails, Antonio Desidero, Will Antcliffe, Bertie Postema and Ollie Jay all socred goals in those games to set up a semi-final with AFC Finchley.
This was a much closer affair and it needed a solitary goal from Postema to secure a 1-0 win.
The final was against Omonia White in the final and despite playing some lovely football and creating chances they found the White’s keeper in great form.
You may also want to watch:
But with a penalty shoot-out looming Postema again broke the deadlock with a fierce left-foot shot.
It was a tremendous team display with goalkeeper Vicente Luciani in brilliant form for the whole tournament.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans