St Albans City Youth U10 East come through to clinch Trophy at London Colney Summer Tournament
- Credit: Archant
A slow start masked what was to follow as St Albans City Youth U10 East came through to win the Trophy at the London Colney Summer Tournament.
They opened with three defeats, 4-0 to Whetstone, 2-0 to Stevenage and 3-0 to Muswell Hill.
But from there they found their form.
A goal by Anton Riddell gave them a 1-0 win over the Norsemen and sent them into the Trophy competition.
A closely fought semi-final against Colney Heath finished 0-0 but they won on penalties thanks to cool and calm finishes from Riddell, Teddy Carr, Danny Quinn and Arthur Vessey.
You may also want to watch:
The final was a rematch against Stevenage and like the semi-final it finished 0-0 to go to penalty kicks.
And once more they held their nerve to lift the Trophy.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
Scoring the decisive spot-kicks were Riddell, Carr and Leon Rainey while there were some great saves from Vessey to ensure the triumph.