St Albans City Youth U10 East come through to clinch Trophy at London Colney Summer Tournament
- Credit: Archant
A slow start masked what was to follow as St Albans City Youth U10 East came through to win the Trophy at the London Colney Summer Tournament.
They opened with three defeats, 4-0 to Whetstone, 2-0 to Stevenage and 3-0 to Muswell Hill.
But from there they found their form.
A goal by Anton Riddell gave them a 1-0 win over the Norsemen and sent them into the Trophy competition.
A closely fought semi-final against Colney Heath finished 0-0 but they won on penalties thanks to cool and calm finishes from Riddell, Teddy Carr, Danny Quinn and Arthur Vessey.
You may also want to watch:
The final was a rematch against Stevenage and like the semi-final it finished 0-0 to go to penalty kicks.
And once more they held their nerve to lift the Trophy.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid
Scoring the decisive spot-kicks were Riddell, Carr and Leon Rainey while there were some great saves from Vessey to ensure the triumph.