St Albans City Youth U10 East come through to clinch Trophy at London Colney Summer Tournament
- Credit: Archant
A slow start masked what was to follow as St Albans City Youth U10 East came through to win the Trophy at the London Colney Summer Tournament.
They opened with three defeats, 4-0 to Whetstone, 2-0 to Stevenage and 3-0 to Muswell Hill.
But from there they found their form.
A goal by Anton Riddell gave them a 1-0 win over the Norsemen and sent them into the Trophy competition.
A closely fought semi-final against Colney Heath finished 0-0 but they won on penalties thanks to cool and calm finishes from Riddell, Teddy Carr, Danny Quinn and Arthur Vessey.
The final was a rematch against Stevenage and like the semi-final it finished 0-0 to go to penalty kicks.
And once more they held their nerve to lift the Trophy.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 The Midwich Cuckoos: Keeley Hawes on Sky's gripping new drama adapted from John Wyndham’s sci-fi novel
- 9 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 10 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
Scoring the decisive spot-kicks were Riddell, Carr and Leon Rainey while there were some great saves from Vessey to ensure the triumph.