St Albans City Youth official launch new deaf team
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Youth has officially expanded the club to include a deaf team.
St Albans City Youth Deaf FC, formerly Bricket Wood Deaf FC, launched on Saturday with a match at Clarence Park against the club’s disability team. The club’s newest recruits rose to the occasion to win 3-0, with goals from Sam Haldane, Kevin Walker and an own goal.
Pete Bishop, the managing director of the new deaf team, said: “I would like to thank Dave Wray [general manager] and everyone at St Albans City Youth FC. By going into partnership it will allow us to progress.”
Wray added: “We would like to thank everyone at St Albans City FC for the use of the facilities at Clarence Park and providing us with a new team kit. The lads appreciate the opportunity and the chance of playing in the same kit as the St Albans City first team next season.
“This type of work forms part of St Albans City Youth working in the community.”
The new team will play in the Herts Border Church League next season and is on the lookout for new players and a manager. For more information, contact Bishop on email@example.com or 07788110114.
City Youth is supported by a grant from the Premier League and the Professional Fooballers’ Association via The Conference League Trust. For more information about its work in the community, visit the club website.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area