No lockdown blues for St Albans City Youth on return to Herts Boys Development League
- Credit: STACYFC
The youngsters of St Albans City Youth are showing no signs of the lockdown having done any damage as they produce some excellent performances in the Herts Boys Development League.
Harry Brewer scored twice for the U8 East at Wheathampstead Wanderers Tigers, Louis Burt also notching with a thunderbolt of a free-kick, while Bertie Henson was named man of the match.
Burt was also on target against Welwyn Pegasus, twice, with Daniel Kennedy the star man in that one.
The U8 North played London Maccabi Gold and there were two goals for Jake Davenport, Alex Nourse and Jude Mowat and one for Noah Wilkinson.
The U9 South also had two matches. Cyrus Merrison played well against Welwyn Garden City Whirlwinds while there were goals for Finlay Cullen (two), Charlie Cox, Harry Hirst and Vihanin game two away to Wheathampstead Wanderers Cougars.
Nathan Wickes was named man of the match.
The U9 Romans made a great return to football when they played Codicote Wolves. George Cullum hit a fine hat-trick with singles from Jack Grantham and Dylan Jones.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption