No lockdown blues for St Albans City Youth on return to Herts Boys Development League
- Credit: STACYFC
The youngsters of St Albans City Youth are showing no signs of the lockdown having done any damage as they produce some excellent performances in the Herts Boys Development League.
Harry Brewer scored twice for the U8 East at Wheathampstead Wanderers Tigers, Louis Burt also notching with a thunderbolt of a free-kick, while Bertie Henson was named man of the match.
Burt was also on target against Welwyn Pegasus, twice, with Daniel Kennedy the star man in that one.
The U8 North played London Maccabi Gold and there were two goals for Jake Davenport, Alex Nourse and Jude Mowat and one for Noah Wilkinson.
The U9 South also had two matches. Cyrus Merrison played well against Welwyn Garden City Whirlwinds while there were goals for Finlay Cullen (two), Charlie Cox, Harry Hirst and Vihanin game two away to Wheathampstead Wanderers Cougars.
Nathan Wickes was named man of the match.
The U9 Romans made a great return to football when they played Codicote Wolves. George Cullum hit a fine hat-trick with singles from Jack Grantham and Dylan Jones.
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 3 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 4 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 5 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 6 St Albans MP describes fire safety row as ‘national scandal of epic proportions’
- 7 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 8 Woman stops Harpenden traffic in climate change protest
- 9 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 10 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?