Fine team and individual performances for St Albans City Youth prior to lockdown
- Credit: STACYFC
Some of St Albans City Youth's younger sides had games in the Herts Boys Development League prior to the latest government restrictions and there were some great team and individual performances.
The U11 Orient had three matches with all three featuring plenty of goals.
Louis Chen led the way in the first of them, scoring four against Bury Rangers Black. Billy Stone, Thomas Winterbottom and Harry Taylor also found the back of the net.
Chen managed two in the next game too, against Welwyn Pegasus Cyans, and the deadly marksman added another brace in game three, this one with Wodson Park.
Zak Stamp and Austin Shepherd scored one apiece against Welwyn and Taylor, Winterbottom and Nathaniel Parsons were on target against Wodson.
The U9 South have a player in fine scoring form too. Charlie Cox managed five away to Ware Royals and some excellent passing and finishing brought further goals from Finlay Cullen, Nathan Wickes and Williams Downes, all getting two each, Jonah Herron and Harry Hirst.
The U8 East defied the weather and played against Wheathampstead Wanderers Sharks. It brought them two goals, Lois Bart and Joshua Smith getting them, with Harry Brewer showing plenty of determination to win the man of the match award.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
Bart was on target too against Watton Youth while Brewer went from man of the match to scorer, bagging two. Thomas H was the star man this time after a solid display, particularly in defence.
The U11 South settled for a pair of draws. The first one against Bedwell Rangers came with goals from Ollie Saunders and Daniel Novotny and a solid team performance while it was Ross Wilson and Ashton Balding who scored the goals in the next one against Wodson Park.
Both Finlay Seabrook and Saunders gave strong displays in midfield for that one.