Full 90-minute performance required by St Albans City ahead of Welling visit
- Credit: Archant
Ian Allinson is still imploring his St Albans City players to put together a full 90-minute performance as they prepare to take on Welling United at Clarence Park in a crucial battle at the bottom of National League South.
Welling's 2-0 win over Hemel Hempstead Town on Saturday jumped them over Saints who fell to a 2-1 loss at Hampton & Richmond Borough.
And with the Wings under the guidance of new manager Bradley Quinton, Allinson knows his side can't afford to just have one good spell.
He said: "Welling have brought some different personnel in with a new manager and new players and they had a great result [against] and against Hemel.
"We have to train hard and we have to ensure that we replicate the first 20 minutes at Hampton for 90 minutes. That's the difference.
You may also want to watch:
"We have good spells but when we do we're not putting teams to bed and when we have our poor spell, that's what other teams do to us.
"I can't criticise the players for their effort but it's the final bit of quality."
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 3 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier