St Albans City turn to former Arsenal man to lead them to Vanarama National League South survival
- Credit: Archant
Struggling St Albans City have appointed Ian Allinson as their new first-team manager.
Allinson leaves his post as director of football at Vanarama National League side Boreham Wood to take the reins at Clarence Park.
The former Arsenal player, who replaces Harry Wheeler, has a wealth of managerial experience having led The Wood to National League promotion in the 2014/15 season.
Wheeler will remain in the first-team set-up, taking up a role as coach.
Allinson will be in charge for tomorrow’s (Saturday) home National League South encounter with mid-table Concord Rangers.
You may also want to watch:
City are currently five points adrift of safety with 15 games remaining this campaign.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads