St Albans City turn to former Arsenal man to lead them to Vanarama National League South survival
- Credit: Archant
Struggling St Albans City have appointed Ian Allinson as their new first-team manager.
Allinson leaves his post as director of football at Vanarama National League side Boreham Wood to take the reins at Clarence Park.
The former Arsenal player, who replaces Harry Wheeler, has a wealth of managerial experience having led The Wood to National League promotion in the 2014/15 season.
Wheeler will remain in the first-team set-up, taking up a role as coach.
Allinson will be in charge for tomorrow’s (Saturday) home National League South encounter with mid-table Concord Rangers.
You may also want to watch:
City are currently five points adrift of safety with 15 games remaining this campaign.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden