St Albans City turn to former Arsenal man to lead them to Vanarama National League South survival
- Credit: Archant
Struggling St Albans City have appointed Ian Allinson as their new first-team manager.
Allinson leaves his post as director of football at Vanarama National League side Boreham Wood to take the reins at Clarence Park.
The former Arsenal player, who replaces Harry Wheeler, has a wealth of managerial experience having led The Wood to National League promotion in the 2014/15 season.
Wheeler will remain in the first-team set-up, taking up a role as coach.
Allinson will be in charge for tomorrow’s (Saturday) home National League South encounter with mid-table Concord Rangers.
City are currently five points adrift of safety with 15 games remaining this campaign.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep