St Albans City to play Monday night football
ST ALBANS CITY FC’s midweek games have been moved to Monday nights for the upcoming season.
The decision to adopt Mondays was reached in consultation with the Southern Premier League team Managers and reflects the planned training and match preparation schedule and the Saints expected Capital League and Allied Counties Midweek Youth Team fixtures.
Monday night games should avoid clashes with televised games such as England internationals, Champions League or the weeks when there is a full Premier and Football League programme.
A spokesman for the club said: “Live floodlit football at Clarence Park is always an exciting prospect and we hope that good support will be forthcoming for all fixtures.”
Arrangements for the club’s Capital League and Midweek Youth fixtures will be announced in due course.
You may also want to watch:
• St Albans City FC has also announced it has entered the following competitions for the 2013/14 season: FA Cup, FA Trophy, Herts FA Senior Cup, Red Insure Cup and the Herts FA Charity Cup. The Midweek Youth Team will compete in the FA Youth Cup and the Allied Counties Youth League Cup.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 8 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 9 Shaun Jeffers and St Albans City a match made in Hertfordshire
- 10 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre