St Albans City to play Monday night football
ST ALBANS CITY FC’s midweek games have been moved to Monday nights for the upcoming season.
The decision to adopt Mondays was reached in consultation with the Southern Premier League team Managers and reflects the planned training and match preparation schedule and the Saints expected Capital League and Allied Counties Midweek Youth Team fixtures.
Monday night games should avoid clashes with televised games such as England internationals, Champions League or the weeks when there is a full Premier and Football League programme.
A spokesman for the club said: “Live floodlit football at Clarence Park is always an exciting prospect and we hope that good support will be forthcoming for all fixtures.”
Arrangements for the club’s Capital League and Midweek Youth fixtures will be announced in due course.
You may also want to watch:
• St Albans City FC has also announced it has entered the following competitions for the 2013/14 season: FA Cup, FA Trophy, Herts FA Senior Cup, Red Insure Cup and the Herts FA Charity Cup. The Midweek Youth Team will compete in the FA Youth Cup and the Allied Counties Youth League Cup.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved