St Albans City swoop to sign duo
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have made a double signing this afternoon (Wednesday) with defender Tom Gardiner moving from promotion rivals Dartford and striker Charlie Walker also joining having been released by Aldershot in December.
Gardiner, who was born in Hatfield and lives in Harpenden, decided to leave the Kent side due to work commitments and travelling issues.
The 21-year-old talent is a former Tottenham Hotspur youth player who also had a spell in Scotland with Hibernian’s U20s before joining Cambridge City and then Dartford ahead of the 2015/16 season.
The Saints were on the lookout for further defensive cover after Ryan Johnson was recalled by League Two Stevenage FC from a loan spell at Clarence Park.
In addition, after selling forward Junior Morais to League One Peterborough United, City boss Ian Allinson has bolstered his attacking options by adding 26-year-old Walker, who hit 15 goals for the Shots in the National League last term.
Both new faces will be in contention for Saturday’s clash with league leaders Maidenhead United.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice