St Albans City swoop to sign duo
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have made a double signing this afternoon (Wednesday) with defender Tom Gardiner moving from promotion rivals Dartford and striker Charlie Walker also joining having been released by Aldershot in December.
Gardiner, who was born in Hatfield and lives in Harpenden, decided to leave the Kent side due to work commitments and travelling issues.
The 21-year-old talent is a former Tottenham Hotspur youth player who also had a spell in Scotland with Hibernian’s U20s before joining Cambridge City and then Dartford ahead of the 2015/16 season.
The Saints were on the lookout for further defensive cover after Ryan Johnson was recalled by League Two Stevenage FC from a loan spell at Clarence Park.
In addition, after selling forward Junior Morais to League One Peterborough United, City boss Ian Allinson has bolstered his attacking options by adding 26-year-old Walker, who hit 15 goals for the Shots in the National League last term.
You may also want to watch:
Both new faces will be in contention for Saturday’s clash with league leaders Maidenhead United.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district