St Albans City swoop to sign duo
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have made a double signing this afternoon (Wednesday) with defender Tom Gardiner moving from promotion rivals Dartford and striker Charlie Walker also joining having been released by Aldershot in December.
Gardiner, who was born in Hatfield and lives in Harpenden, decided to leave the Kent side due to work commitments and travelling issues.
The 21-year-old talent is a former Tottenham Hotspur youth player who also had a spell in Scotland with Hibernian’s U20s before joining Cambridge City and then Dartford ahead of the 2015/16 season.
The Saints were on the lookout for further defensive cover after Ryan Johnson was recalled by League Two Stevenage FC from a loan spell at Clarence Park.
In addition, after selling forward Junior Morais to League One Peterborough United, City boss Ian Allinson has bolstered his attacking options by adding 26-year-old Walker, who hit 15 goals for the Shots in the National League last term.
You may also want to watch:
Both new faces will be in contention for Saturday’s clash with league leaders Maidenhead United.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital