St Albans City survive scare to book FA Cup passage against Dereham Town
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City were given an almighty scare against Dereham Town but secured their place in the third qualifying round of the FA Cup with a 2-1 win.
On a day of upsets in the second qualifying round, it appeared City could be on their way to joining them when Michael Sommerfield put Dereham ahead on 58 minutes.
The Norfolk side ply their trade in the Ryman League Division One North, two divisions below their National League South visitors.
Louie Theophanous equalised nine minutes later but Saints had to wait until five minutes from the end to secure their passage with on-loan Stevenage striker Dipo Akinyemi’s strike.
The thrid round qualifying draw takes place around midday today (Monday).
Meanwhile enjoy photographers Bob Walkley and Leigh Page’s snaps of the action in our gallery.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep