St Albans City survive scare to book FA Cup passage against Dereham Town
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City were given an almighty scare against Dereham Town but secured their place in the third qualifying round of the FA Cup with a 2-1 win.
On a day of upsets in the second qualifying round, it appeared City could be on their way to joining them when Michael Sommerfield put Dereham ahead on 58 minutes.
The Norfolk side ply their trade in the Ryman League Division One North, two divisions below their National League South visitors.
Louie Theophanous equalised nine minutes later but Saints had to wait until five minutes from the end to secure their passage with on-loan Stevenage striker Dipo Akinyemi’s strike.
The thrid round qualifying draw takes place around midday today (Monday).
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile enjoy photographers Bob Walkley and Leigh Page’s snaps of the action in our gallery.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school