St Albans City survive scare to book FA Cup passage against Dereham Town
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City were given an almighty scare against Dereham Town but secured their place in the third qualifying round of the FA Cup with a 2-1 win.
On a day of upsets in the second qualifying round, it appeared City could be on their way to joining them when Michael Sommerfield put Dereham ahead on 58 minutes.
The Norfolk side ply their trade in the Ryman League Division One North, two divisions below their National League South visitors.
Louie Theophanous equalised nine minutes later but Saints had to wait until five minutes from the end to secure their passage with on-loan Stevenage striker Dipo Akinyemi’s strike.
The thrid round qualifying draw takes place around midday today (Monday).
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile enjoy photographers Bob Walkley and Leigh Page’s snaps of the action in our gallery.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district