St Albans City suffer narrow defeat to Maidstone United - pictures
- Credit: Archant
It was a case of so near yet so far for St Albans City on Saturday.
Their performance away at Maidstone United warranted at least a point but a late goal snatched their reward from their grasp.
The 1-0 defeat in the Vanarama National League South clash was watched by a crowd of 2,103.
And among them was photographer Leigh Page who captured these shots.
Attention turns to the FA Cup this Saturday when the Saints entertain Weston-super-Mare at Clarence Park, with a 3pm kick-off.
You may also want to watch:
To the winners goes the glory of a place in the first round proper and the potential of a money-spinning tie against the likes of Sheffield United, Wigan Athletic and Coventry City.
Joint-manager Jimmy Gray has said the supporters will make a big difference and hopes for a big crowd.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
All supporters should pay on the day.