St Albans City suffer narrow defeat to Maidstone United - pictures
- Credit: Archant
It was a case of so near yet so far for St Albans City on Saturday.
Their performance away at Maidstone United warranted at least a point but a late goal snatched their reward from their grasp.
The 1-0 defeat in the Vanarama National League South clash was watched by a crowd of 2,103.
And among them was photographer Leigh Page who captured these shots.
Attention turns to the FA Cup this Saturday when the Saints entertain Weston-super-Mare at Clarence Park, with a 3pm kick-off.
You may also want to watch:
To the winners goes the glory of a place in the first round proper and the potential of a money-spinning tie against the likes of Sheffield United, Wigan Athletic and Coventry City.
Joint-manager Jimmy Gray has said the supporters will make a big difference and hopes for a big crowd.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Second chance at life for transplant patient
All supporters should pay on the day.