St Albans City suffer narrow defeat to Maidstone United - pictures
- Credit: Archant
It was a case of so near yet so far for St Albans City on Saturday.
Their performance away at Maidstone United warranted at least a point but a late goal snatched their reward from their grasp.
The 1-0 defeat in the Vanarama National League South clash was watched by a crowd of 2,103.
And among them was photographer Leigh Page who captured these shots.
Attention turns to the FA Cup this Saturday when the Saints entertain Weston-super-Mare at Clarence Park, with a 3pm kick-off.
To the winners goes the glory of a place in the first round proper and the potential of a money-spinning tie against the likes of Sheffield United, Wigan Athletic and Coventry City.
Joint-manager Jimmy Gray has said the supporters will make a big difference and hopes for a big crowd.
- 1 LIVE: St Albans and Harpenden A-level results 2022
- 2 'Minor explosions' heard during garage fire near St Albans
- 3 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 4 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 5 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 6 'Get a grip on lawless Charter Market', traders demand in leaked audio
- 7 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Refunds still due for cancelled Herts Fest event
- 9 13-year-old missing from Hemel Hempstead
- 10 St Albans Scout leaders heading to Korean Jamboree
All supporters should pay on the day.