St Albans City strengthen defence with signature of Ben Wyatt from Braintree Town
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
St Albans City had moved to strengthen their defence ahead of the National League South match with Woking.
Defender Ben Wyatt has joined from last year’s National League South play-off winners Braintree Town.
The left-footed full-back was an integral part of Brad Quinton’s side last term making 44 appearances.
He started his career in the youth ranks of Norwich City in 2010 and was part of the U18 squad who won the 2013 FA Youth Cup.
He signed professional terms with rivals Ipswich Town but left to join Maldon & Tiptree United just a year later.
You may also want to watch:
His form took him back to the professional ranks with Colchester United but a loan move to Concord Rangers soon became permanent.
From there he moved to Braintree.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Saints also confirmed that summer signing Luke Tingey has re-joined Hendon, the club from which he moved to Clarence Park.