St Albans City strengthen defence with signature of Ben Wyatt from Braintree Town
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
St Albans City had moved to strengthen their defence ahead of the National League South match with Woking.
Defender Ben Wyatt has joined from last year’s National League South play-off winners Braintree Town.
The left-footed full-back was an integral part of Brad Quinton’s side last term making 44 appearances.
He started his career in the youth ranks of Norwich City in 2010 and was part of the U18 squad who won the 2013 FA Youth Cup.
He signed professional terms with rivals Ipswich Town but left to join Maldon & Tiptree United just a year later.
His form took him back to the professional ranks with Colchester United but a loan move to Concord Rangers soon became permanent.
From there he moved to Braintree.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 6 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 7 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 8 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 9 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 10 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
Saints also confirmed that summer signing Luke Tingey has re-joined Hendon, the club from which he moved to Clarence Park.