St Albans City strengthen defence with signature of Ben Wyatt from Braintree Town
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
St Albans City had moved to strengthen their defence ahead of the National League South match with Woking.
Defender Ben Wyatt has joined from last year’s National League South play-off winners Braintree Town.
The left-footed full-back was an integral part of Brad Quinton’s side last term making 44 appearances.
He started his career in the youth ranks of Norwich City in 2010 and was part of the U18 squad who won the 2013 FA Youth Cup.
He signed professional terms with rivals Ipswich Town but left to join Maldon & Tiptree United just a year later.
You may also want to watch:
His form took him back to the professional ranks with Colchester United but a loan move to Concord Rangers soon became permanent.
From there he moved to Braintree.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
Saints also confirmed that summer signing Luke Tingey has re-joined Hendon, the club from which he moved to Clarence Park.