St Albans City add National League South duo to their ranks
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have added two more players to their squad ahead of the new National League South season.
Oli Sprague and Taylor Miles both have experience of playing at the level previously and in Miles' case, he has also played one level above with Lincoln City.
Defender Sprague is mostly known for his time at Hendon but spent part of last season with former Greens boss Gary McCann at fellow National League South outfit Hampton & Richmond Borough.
He has also played for Welling United and Billericay Town where he won the Bostik League Premier Division title.
Midfielder Taylor Miles was released by Chelmsford City at the end of the season having joined the Clarets in January 2018.
He played 12 times on loan at Bostik Premier Division AFC Hornchurch last year, making 12 appearances and picking up two assists, and prior to that was on the books of Lincoln City and Concord Rangers.
Saints manager Ian Allinson said: "Taylor and Oli know the division well and add some real quality to the defence and midfield.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
"We want hungry players in the squad who will always put in 100 per cent and I believe these two will do just that."