Ian Allinson makes former Tottenham Hotspur youngster Roman Michael-Percil his sixth summer signing at St Albans City
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Ian Allinson’s “tough decisions” have resulted in a contract being offered to a former Tottenham junior.
The St Albans City manager said after his side’s latest pre-season friendly against Biggleswade Town that he would have to do a lot of thinking with regards to a number of trialists he has used during the summer.
But he obviously decided there was something in the diminutive midfield man and has offered him a one-year deal at Clarence Park.
Michael-Percil makes the switch from Braintree Town having played for Concord Rangers, Billericay Town and Dulwich Hamlet after his release from the Premier League giants.
He has played in the majority of City’s pre-season encounters and has caught the eye in a few, most specifically the game against Stevenage where his dynamic dribbles through the middle caused veteran defender Ronnie Henry one or two worrying moments.
You may also want to watch:
Allinson will be hoping for more of the same from a man who is comfortable playing wide of or just in behind a lone striker.
The boss said on City’s website: “I’m delighted to get this deal over the line as Roman is the type of player we’ve been looking for to compliment the attacking options we already have here.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
“He’s got a good pedigree and I was a little surprised Braintree let him go to be honest but I’m glad he chose to sign for St Albans.
“The squad is taking shape now and we’re fast developing a hungry, young squad which we’ll need for the season ahead.”
Michael-Percil makes six new faces so far at Clarence Park this summer following the acquisitions of Luke Tingey, Dave Diedhiou, Khale Da Costa, Ralston Gabriel and David Moyo.
He will be avialable for today’s game (Saturday) at home to Luton Town.