Ian Allinson makes former Tottenham Hotspur youngster Roman Michael-Percil his sixth summer signing at St Albans City
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Ian Allinson’s “tough decisions” have resulted in a contract being offered to a former Tottenham junior.
The St Albans City manager said after his side’s latest pre-season friendly against Biggleswade Town that he would have to do a lot of thinking with regards to a number of trialists he has used during the summer.
But he obviously decided there was something in the diminutive midfield man and has offered him a one-year deal at Clarence Park.
Michael-Percil makes the switch from Braintree Town having played for Concord Rangers, Billericay Town and Dulwich Hamlet after his release from the Premier League giants.
He has played in the majority of City’s pre-season encounters and has caught the eye in a few, most specifically the game against Stevenage where his dynamic dribbles through the middle caused veteran defender Ronnie Henry one or two worrying moments.
Allinson will be hoping for more of the same from a man who is comfortable playing wide of or just in behind a lone striker.
The boss said on City’s website: “I’m delighted to get this deal over the line as Roman is the type of player we’ve been looking for to compliment the attacking options we already have here.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
“He’s got a good pedigree and I was a little surprised Braintree let him go to be honest but I’m glad he chose to sign for St Albans.
“The squad is taking shape now and we’re fast developing a hungry, young squad which we’ll need for the season ahead.”
Michael-Percil makes six new faces so far at Clarence Park this summer following the acquisitions of Luke Tingey, Dave Diedhiou, Khale Da Costa, Ralston Gabriel and David Moyo.
He will be avialable for today’s game (Saturday) at home to Luton Town.