Ian Allinson makes former Tottenham Hotspur youngster Roman Michael-Percil his sixth summer signing at St Albans City
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Ian Allinson’s “tough decisions” have resulted in a contract being offered to a former Tottenham junior.
The St Albans City manager said after his side’s latest pre-season friendly against Biggleswade Town that he would have to do a lot of thinking with regards to a number of trialists he has used during the summer.
But he obviously decided there was something in the diminutive midfield man and has offered him a one-year deal at Clarence Park.
Michael-Percil makes the switch from Braintree Town having played for Concord Rangers, Billericay Town and Dulwich Hamlet after his release from the Premier League giants.
He has played in the majority of City’s pre-season encounters and has caught the eye in a few, most specifically the game against Stevenage where his dynamic dribbles through the middle caused veteran defender Ronnie Henry one or two worrying moments.
You may also want to watch:
Allinson will be hoping for more of the same from a man who is comfortable playing wide of or just in behind a lone striker.
The boss said on City’s website: “I’m delighted to get this deal over the line as Roman is the type of player we’ve been looking for to compliment the attacking options we already have here.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
“He’s got a good pedigree and I was a little surprised Braintree let him go to be honest but I’m glad he chose to sign for St Albans.
“The squad is taking shape now and we’re fast developing a hungry, young squad which we’ll need for the season ahead.”
Michael-Percil makes six new faces so far at Clarence Park this summer following the acquisitions of Luke Tingey, Dave Diedhiou, Khale Da Costa, Ralston Gabriel and David Moyo.
He will be avialable for today’s game (Saturday) at home to Luton Town.