David Moyo becomes St Albans City’s fifth summer signing
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
After a lengthy chase David Moyo has finally put pen to paper and signed for St Albans City.
The striker, who has appeared in all but one of City’s pre-season friendlies so far, joins from Hemel Hempstead Town.
Manager Ian Allinson has been after his signature all summer with the player agreeing to join the Clarence Park side some weeks ago.
However, the finer details took a little longer to sort out.
The forward, who also counts Northampton Town and Brackley Town as former clubs, has looked lively in the warm-up games and his burgeoning relationship with fellow new boy Ralston Gabriel looks like it could be extremely profitable.
You may also want to watch:
Allinson said: “This is a real boost for us to get David on board after what has been an impressive summer within the camp.
“I’ve no doubt he would have had other offers but fair play to the lad - he’s worked really hard during the short time he’s been with us and made it very clear that he wants to play football for St Albans City.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
The deal was made possible thanks to the club’s Boost the Budget scheme, something club secretary Tom Norman was quick to thank.
He said: “We have to thank everyone at Hemel Hempstead for their co-operation and the timescales they’ve worked within but also to Stand By Your Saints and another vital contribution from the Boost the Budget initiative.
“Once again it shows the importance of the scheme and what the supporters are doing behind the scenes for the football club.
“Both Ian and myself extend our sincere thanks for their continued support without which this transfer would not have happened.”
Moyo’s signing follows the capture of Khale Da Costa, Luke Tingey, Dave Diedhiou and Gabriel.