David Moyo becomes St Albans City’s fifth summer signing
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
After a lengthy chase David Moyo has finally put pen to paper and signed for St Albans City.
The striker, who has appeared in all but one of City’s pre-season friendlies so far, joins from Hemel Hempstead Town.
Manager Ian Allinson has been after his signature all summer with the player agreeing to join the Clarence Park side some weeks ago.
However, the finer details took a little longer to sort out.
The forward, who also counts Northampton Town and Brackley Town as former clubs, has looked lively in the warm-up games and his burgeoning relationship with fellow new boy Ralston Gabriel looks like it could be extremely profitable.
Allinson said: “This is a real boost for us to get David on board after what has been an impressive summer within the camp.
“I’ve no doubt he would have had other offers but fair play to the lad - he’s worked really hard during the short time he’s been with us and made it very clear that he wants to play football for St Albans City.”
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 3 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 4 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 5 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 8 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 9 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 10 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
The deal was made possible thanks to the club’s Boost the Budget scheme, something club secretary Tom Norman was quick to thank.
He said: “We have to thank everyone at Hemel Hempstead for their co-operation and the timescales they’ve worked within but also to Stand By Your Saints and another vital contribution from the Boost the Budget initiative.
“Once again it shows the importance of the scheme and what the supporters are doing behind the scenes for the football club.
“Both Ian and myself extend our sincere thanks for their continued support without which this transfer would not have happened.”
Moyo’s signing follows the capture of Khale Da Costa, Luke Tingey, Dave Diedhiou and Gabriel.