David Moyo becomes St Albans City’s fifth summer signing
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
After a lengthy chase David Moyo has finally put pen to paper and signed for St Albans City.
The striker, who has appeared in all but one of City’s pre-season friendlies so far, joins from Hemel Hempstead Town.
Manager Ian Allinson has been after his signature all summer with the player agreeing to join the Clarence Park side some weeks ago.
However, the finer details took a little longer to sort out.
The forward, who also counts Northampton Town and Brackley Town as former clubs, has looked lively in the warm-up games and his burgeoning relationship with fellow new boy Ralston Gabriel looks like it could be extremely profitable.
You may also want to watch:
Allinson said: “This is a real boost for us to get David on board after what has been an impressive summer within the camp.
“I’ve no doubt he would have had other offers but fair play to the lad - he’s worked really hard during the short time he’s been with us and made it very clear that he wants to play football for St Albans City.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
The deal was made possible thanks to the club’s Boost the Budget scheme, something club secretary Tom Norman was quick to thank.
He said: “We have to thank everyone at Hemel Hempstead for their co-operation and the timescales they’ve worked within but also to Stand By Your Saints and another vital contribution from the Boost the Budget initiative.
“Once again it shows the importance of the scheme and what the supporters are doing behind the scenes for the football club.
“Both Ian and myself extend our sincere thanks for their continued support without which this transfer would not have happened.”
Moyo’s signing follows the capture of Khale Da Costa, Luke Tingey, Dave Diedhiou and Gabriel.