St Albans City sides to face Belarus Olympic team and Colney Heath
ST Albans City have not one, but two pre-season friendlies this Saturday including one against the Belarus London 2012 Olympic Games team.
One Saints XI will take on Colney Heath away (at the Recreation Ground, kick-off 3pm) with another to play a behind-closed doors game with the Belarus team.
City boss David Howell, said: “It will be a good work out for them [Belarus] before the Olympics and for us it’s an interesting one, we don’t know what to expect, but it will be good preparation for the season.”
Pre-season training is already well underway at Clarence Park and Howell is pleased with what he has seen so far.
“We had one week of open trials, on the Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday, with 80 people per night so I cut that down.
You may also want to watch:
“With the first team players back every session has been getting better.”
Howell has already signed up new striker Lewis Toomey from Hemel Hempstead and he expects more new faces to follow.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 8 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
“I’m looking for three or four more to sign. I want to wait and give them a run-out to make sure before they do though.
“We need a solid base to start from at the back, I’m looking at defenders and midfielders, but still need another striker.”
See the link above right for St Albans City’s full set of pre-season fixtures.