St Albans City set to pack the park after being paired with Carlisle United in the FA Cup draw
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City’s reward for reacing the first round proper of the FA Cup is a home tie against Carlisle United.
The Sky Bet League Two side are having a good year so far and lie third in the table, having not lost a game.
It means a chance for redemption for City manager Ian Allinson who faced United in 2013 when he was in charge at Boreham Wood.
Then they forced a replay after a 0-0 draw at home and were leading 1-0 at Brunton Park going into the final few minutes before losing 2-1.
City have reached this stage of the competition in two of the previous three years, losing at home to Mansfield Town in 2013 and away to Grimsby Town last year.
You may also want to watch:
They got there this season with a 1-0 win over Egham Town on Saturday.
That came after previous victories over Dereham Town and Worthing.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
Those wins have already guaranteed the club £24,500 and success against The Cumbrians will fetch The Saints another £18,000.
The tie will be played on Saturday, November 5.
First round draw in full:
Sheffield United v Leyton Orient
Millwall v Southend United
Dagenham & Redbridge v FC Halifax Town
Merstham v Oxford United
Taunton Town or Hemel Hempstead Town v Barrow
Southport v Fleetwood Town
Yeovil Town v Solihull Moors
Stockport County v Torquay United or Woking
Dartford v Sutton United
Walsall v Maccflesfield Town
Port Vale v Stevenage
Northampton Town v Harrow Borough or Margate
Cambridge United v Dover Athletic
Westfields v York City or Curzon Ashton
Milton Keynes Dons v Spennymoor Town
Gillingham v Brackley Town
Alfreton Town or Gateshead v Newport County
Portsmouth v Wycombe Wanderers
Maidstone United v Rochdale
Bury v AFC Wimbledon
St Albans City v Carlisle United
Boreham Wood v Notts County
Mansfield Town v Plymouth Argyle
Braintree Town v Eastbourne Borough
Hartlepool United v Wrexham or Stamford
Bolton Wanderers v Grimsby Town
Bradford City v Accrington Stanley
Oldham Athletic v Doncaster Rovers
Eastleigh v Swindon Town
Shrewsbury Town v Barnet
Morecambe v Coventry City
Crawley Town v Bristol Rovers
Whitehawk v Stourbridge
Colchester United v Chesterfield
Lincoln City or Guiseley v Altrincham
Exeter City v Luton Town
Charlton Athletic v Scunthorpe United
Cheltenham Town v Crewe Alexandra
Peterborough United v Chesham United
Blackpool v Kidderminster Harriers