St Albans City secure semi-final spot
ST ALBANS City are through to the semi-final of the Herts Charity Cup after goals from James Gray, Lewis Toomey and Gareth Risbridger saw them down Royston Town 3-2 on Saturday.
David Howell’s City side led 2-0 at the break after Gray’s header and then Toomey’s effort put the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division outfit in pole position against their Division One Central hosts.
Midfielder Risbridger hit City’s third of the afternoon on 52 minutes as it looked like The Saints were cruising to victory.
The Crows had different ideas though as brothers Martin and Matt Standen both struck in the last 20 minutes, however the visitors took the victory and will play Potters Bar Town or Ware in the semi-final.
Elsewhere, a St Albans City XI were well-beaten 5-0 in a friendly against Ryman League Division One North’s Cheshunt.
You may also want to watch:
The Saints kick-off their league campaign on Saturday away to Banbury United.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district