St Albans City sack boss Howell
DAVID Howell has this evening (Monday) been sacked as manager of St Albans City FC.
The former Barnet player leaves the club with the Saints sixth in the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division.
A club statement said: “St Albans City FC has today parted company with manager David Howell and his management team, with immediate effect.
“Due to the recent poor run of results the board feels it has no option but to look to a new direction.
“The board will meet to discuss its options but is committed to retaining and developing an attractive and successful playing squad.”
You may also want to watch:
City have won just one league game in their last eight matches, but are still only a place outside of the play-off places.
St Albans travel away to Bashley on Saturday.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works