St Albans City sack boss Howell
DAVID Howell has this evening (Monday) been sacked as manager of St Albans City FC.
The former Barnet player leaves the club with the Saints sixth in the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division.
A club statement said: “St Albans City FC has today parted company with manager David Howell and his management team, with immediate effect.
“Due to the recent poor run of results the board feels it has no option but to look to a new direction.
“The board will meet to discuss its options but is committed to retaining and developing an attractive and successful playing squad.”
You may also want to watch:
City have won just one league game in their last eight matches, but are still only a place outside of the play-off places.
St Albans travel away to Bashley on Saturday.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism