St Albans City’s Sam Merson has award-filled Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Sam Merson had a successful day off the pitch on Saturday – claiming not only the St Albans City player of the month award for April but also the supporters’ player of the year crown.
He received his monthly award on the pitch prior to the game with Hampton & Richmond Borough from Gavin Rumble and Ian Oakley on behalf of the Saints City Trust, the April 2018 sponsors.
And he was handed the player of the year gong at the end of season awards night held at Verulam Golf Club.
Solomon Sambou was the young player of the year while the Young Saints voted Tom Bender their star man.
Dean Snedker took the players’ player award while Percy Kiangebeni’s strike against East Thurrock United took the John Wangford Memorial Trophy for goal of the season.
You may also want to watch:
The Wagstaff Simmons Award for clubman of the season went posthumously to Clive Churchhouse.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans