Seven back as St Albans City snap up Kings Langley defender
- Credit: DANNY LOO
St Albans City have continued their summer plans with the retention of seven hugely important players and the signing of one.
Shaun Jeffers scored 11 goals in all competitions during the disrupted season after joining last year and will be joined at Clarence Park for another National League South campaign by defenders Dave Diedhiou, Michael Clark and James Kaloczi and midfielder Kyran Wiltshire.
Two of the club's stalwarts will turn out in the blue and gold next year as well.
Tom Bender is entering his seventh season with the club and is already has the most appearances among the current squad while skipper David Noble is also back, the 2021-22 season will be number six for him.
One new signing has also been announced, joining the returning Liam Sole.
Callum Adebiyi is a defender who can play at left back or centre-half and turned out last year for Kings Langley.
The 26-year-old also counts Hemel Hempstead Town and Hayes & Yeading as former clubs and was a "key target for manager Ian Allinson" according to the club website.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 9 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development