Seven back as St Albans City snap up Kings Langley defender
- Credit: DANNY LOO
St Albans City have continued their summer plans with the retention of seven hugely important players and the signing of one.
Shaun Jeffers scored 11 goals in all competitions during the disrupted season after joining last year and will be joined at Clarence Park for another National League South campaign by defenders Dave Diedhiou, Michael Clark and James Kaloczi and midfielder Kyran Wiltshire.
Two of the club's stalwarts will turn out in the blue and gold next year as well.
Tom Bender is entering his seventh season with the club and is already has the most appearances among the current squad while skipper David Noble is also back, the 2021-22 season will be number six for him.
One new signing has also been announced, joining the returning Liam Sole.
Callum Adebiyi is a defender who can play at left back or centre-half and turned out last year for Kings Langley.
The 26-year-old also counts Hemel Hempstead Town and Hayes & Yeading as former clubs and was a "key target for manager Ian Allinson" according to the club website.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly