Michael Clark the latest to sign a new deal with St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City took their squad for the new National League South season up to 10 with the confirmation that Michael Clark would remain with the club for another season.
The defender originally joined from Concord Rangers in December 2018, making 22 appearances over the remainder of that year.
He started last season with Braintree Town, scoring a wonderful goal at Clarence Park against his old employers in the Iron’s 3-0 win in August.
However, he returned to the City ranks in December and had made nine more appearances before the season was suspended and then finished early because of the coronavirus pandemic.
A spokesman for the club said: “We are delighted that Michael has decided St Albans City is the right club for him and we’re sure all supporters will join us in welcoming him back.”
You may also want to watch:
St Albans have also confirmed that Tom Bender, David Noble, Zane Banton and David Diedhiou are all staying at the club while Chid Onokwai, Joe Chidyausiku, Kyran Wiltshire, Devante Stanley and Romeo Akinola are new faces.
One player definitely departing though is Sam Merson after four years with the Saints.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 4 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 5 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 6 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 7 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 8 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London