St Albans City re-sign defensive duo as they prepare for new Vanarama National League South season
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have started their summer rebuilding by securing the services of two of their outstanding players from last year’s campaign.
Full backs Tom Bender and Ben Herd have both agreed to extend their stays at Clarence Park for another 12 months.
Manager Ian Allinson said: “This shows huge commitment from the two lads and to have them signed-up so soon into the off-season is a huge boost to myself and the club.
“Ben and Tom have been absolutely top class since I’ve been here and although the season didn’t end how we’d have liked, to have the players of their calibre at the club just shows they believe in what we’re trying to achieve and that we’re going in the right direction.”
The boss also revealed they are looking to sign more of last year’s key players.
Meanwhile news of the first pre-season friendlies have started to trickle out with London Colney hosting City on July 7 before the visit of Stevenage on July 10.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area