St Albans City re-sign defensive duo as they prepare for new Vanarama National League South season
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have started their summer rebuilding by securing the services of two of their outstanding players from last year’s campaign.
Full backs Tom Bender and Ben Herd have both agreed to extend their stays at Clarence Park for another 12 months.
Manager Ian Allinson said: “This shows huge commitment from the two lads and to have them signed-up so soon into the off-season is a huge boost to myself and the club.
“Ben and Tom have been absolutely top class since I’ve been here and although the season didn’t end how we’d have liked, to have the players of their calibre at the club just shows they believe in what we’re trying to achieve and that we’re going in the right direction.”
The boss also revealed they are looking to sign more of last year’s key players.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile news of the first pre-season friendlies have started to trickle out with London Colney hosting City on July 7 before the visit of Stevenage on July 10.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report