St Albans City prepare to host Barnet this Saturday and Luton Town on Monday
ST ALBANS City boss David Howell is looking forward to pitting his wits against League Two side Barnet and Blue Square Bet Premier outfit Luton Town at Clarence Park in the coming week.
The Saints will play The Bees at home on Saturday (3pm kick-off) before facing The Hatters on Monday evening.
Howell, a former Barnet player, admits he is looking forward to both games and locking horns with new Barnet head coach Mark Robson and Luton boss Paul Buckle.
“Barnet and Luton will both be putting out their first teams so they will be good tests for us,” said Howell.
“Barnet are a team going through a transition period as well, just like us, and the same applies to Luton who have got a new manager [Buckle].
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll be going into the unknown a little bit because both teams have got a lot of new players, and like us they are working hard to build squads for the upcoming season.”
Howell also says he expects a number of youth and reserve team players to be fighting for places in his first team plans for next season, after the talented youth side secured a league and cup double last term.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
The majority of that squad will play for the second string from now on and the Saints boss says there is nothing to stop them working their way into his plans if they continue to show their ability on the pitch.
For details of the St Albans City pre-season ticket see the link above right.