St Albans City prepare to host Barnet this Saturday and Luton Town on Monday
ST ALBANS City boss David Howell is looking forward to pitting his wits against League Two side Barnet and Blue Square Bet Premier outfit Luton Town at Clarence Park in the coming week.
The Saints will play The Bees at home on Saturday (3pm kick-off) before facing The Hatters on Monday evening.
Howell, a former Barnet player, admits he is looking forward to both games and locking horns with new Barnet head coach Mark Robson and Luton boss Paul Buckle.
“Barnet and Luton will both be putting out their first teams so they will be good tests for us,” said Howell.
“Barnet are a team going through a transition period as well, just like us, and the same applies to Luton who have got a new manager [Buckle].
“We’ll be going into the unknown a little bit because both teams have got a lot of new players, and like us they are working hard to build squads for the upcoming season.”
Howell also says he expects a number of youth and reserve team players to be fighting for places in his first team plans for next season, after the talented youth side secured a league and cup double last term.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 4 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 5 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 8 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 9 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 10 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
The majority of that squad will play for the second string from now on and the Saints boss says there is nothing to stop them working their way into his plans if they continue to show their ability on the pitch.
For details of the St Albans City pre-season ticket see the link above right.