National League South: St Albans City make second signing of the week
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have made their second signing in a week with the acquisition of a familiar face.
Josh McLeod-Urquhart made 21 appearances and scored two goals in a four-month spell back in 2013, his last appearance coming in a 2-1 loss at Leamington.
And after taking in City’s win over Hertford Town on Tuesday night, the defender has put pen to paper.
He has had a number of clubs in his career with East Thurrock United, Wealdstone and Hampton & Richmond Borough among former employees.
And manager Ian Allinson believes McLeod-Urquhart’s experience and versatility will prove valuable.
You may also want to watch:
The boss said: “Josh can play anywhere along the back-line and has a superb amount of experience for his age. I’m really pleased to have him on board in the run-up to what is going to be a very demanding festive period.
“He’s a great lad and is highly regarded so we jumped at the chance to get him on board.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
He will go into the squad for the trip to Eastbourne Borough, joining fellow new boy Jordan Sanderson.