National League South: St Albans City make second signing of the week
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have made their second signing in a week with the acquisition of a familiar face.
Josh McLeod-Urquhart made 21 appearances and scored two goals in a four-month spell back in 2013, his last appearance coming in a 2-1 loss at Leamington.
And after taking in City’s win over Hertford Town on Tuesday night, the defender has put pen to paper.
He has had a number of clubs in his career with East Thurrock United, Wealdstone and Hampton & Richmond Borough among former employees.
And manager Ian Allinson believes McLeod-Urquhart’s experience and versatility will prove valuable.
The boss said: “Josh can play anywhere along the back-line and has a superb amount of experience for his age. I’m really pleased to have him on board in the run-up to what is going to be a very demanding festive period.
“He’s a great lad and is highly regarded so we jumped at the chance to get him on board.”
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
He will go into the squad for the trip to Eastbourne Borough, joining fellow new boy Jordan Sanderson.