National League South: St Albans City make second signing of the week
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have made their second signing in a week with the acquisition of a familiar face.
Josh McLeod-Urquhart made 21 appearances and scored two goals in a four-month spell back in 2013, his last appearance coming in a 2-1 loss at Leamington.
And after taking in City’s win over Hertford Town on Tuesday night, the defender has put pen to paper.
He has had a number of clubs in his career with East Thurrock United, Wealdstone and Hampton & Richmond Borough among former employees.
And manager Ian Allinson believes McLeod-Urquhart’s experience and versatility will prove valuable.
You may also want to watch:
The boss said: “Josh can play anywhere along the back-line and has a superb amount of experience for his age. I’m really pleased to have him on board in the run-up to what is going to be a very demanding festive period.
“He’s a great lad and is highly regarded so we jumped at the chance to get him on board.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
He will go into the squad for the trip to Eastbourne Borough, joining fellow new boy Jordan Sanderson.