National League South: St Albans City make second signing of the week
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have made their second signing in a week with the acquisition of a familiar face.
Josh McLeod-Urquhart made 21 appearances and scored two goals in a four-month spell back in 2013, his last appearance coming in a 2-1 loss at Leamington.
And after taking in City’s win over Hertford Town on Tuesday night, the defender has put pen to paper.
He has had a number of clubs in his career with East Thurrock United, Wealdstone and Hampton & Richmond Borough among former employees.
And manager Ian Allinson believes McLeod-Urquhart’s experience and versatility will prove valuable.
The boss said: “Josh can play anywhere along the back-line and has a superb amount of experience for his age. I’m really pleased to have him on board in the run-up to what is going to be a very demanding festive period.
“He’s a great lad and is highly regarded so we jumped at the chance to get him on board.”
- 1 LIVE: St Albans and Harpenden A-level results 2022
- 2 Hemel Hempstead man wanted as part of assault investigation
- 3 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 4 'Minor explosions' heard during garage fire near St Albans
- 5 St Albans one of the UK's top 10 most beautiful cities, says tiling firm
- 6 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 7 All trains cancelled between St Albans Abbey and Watford
- 8 'Get a grip on lawless Charter Market', traders demand in leaked audio
- 9 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Two Renault Trafic vans broken into in Hemel Hempstead
He will go into the squad for the trip to Eastbourne Borough, joining fellow new boy Jordan Sanderson.