St Albans City lose in FA Trophy to Whitehawk - picture gallery
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City’s involvement in this year’s FA Trophy came to an end with defeat at home to Whitehawk on Tuesday night.
On a frosty evening at Clarence Park, Danny Mills’ second-half goal settled the third qualifying round replay and gave the Brighton-based club passage to the first round proper where they will face Weymouth.
City had chances, most notably from Junior Morias and Sam Merson, while Dipo Akinyemi hit the crossbar late on with a header.
Photgrapher Bob Walkley braved the chilly November air to capture the best of the action.
Saints are next in action on Saturday at home to Eastbourne Borough in the Vanarama National League South.
You may also want to watch:
Kick-off at Clarence Park is at 3pm.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans