St Albans City Ladies remain unbeaten
St Albans City Ladies remain undefeated after a 2-0 win over Offley and Stopsley Women.
The first quarter of an hour Offley were on top with possession and it looked like this time they might get the win they were hoping for.
City answered back with a turnaround in midfield and a creative counter attack resulted in Georga Knight lobbing the keeper from a tight angle.
The first half continued with City piling on the pressure and Kelly Hancock soon broke with speed through a deep Offley defence to score the second.
The second half saw City concede territory but, with an outstanding display of disciplined, defending Offley couldn’t break through.
You may also want to watch:
City walked away with all three points and are now the only team undefeated in the league.
Squad: Sasha Tucker, Emma Tammaro, Sammy Rowlands, Grace Campion, Megan Kiff, Rachel Sherlow, Sarah Ward, Kelly Hancock, Lucy Hancock (C), Amber Charlton, Renae Mooney, Sophie Joseph, Isis Anders, Sophie Green, Molly Slade, Georga Knight,
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital