St Albans City Ladies remain unbeaten
St Albans City Ladies remain undefeated after a 2-0 win over Offley and Stopsley Women.
The first quarter of an hour Offley were on top with possession and it looked like this time they might get the win they were hoping for.
City answered back with a turnaround in midfield and a creative counter attack resulted in Georga Knight lobbing the keeper from a tight angle.
The first half continued with City piling on the pressure and Kelly Hancock soon broke with speed through a deep Offley defence to score the second.
The second half saw City concede territory but, with an outstanding display of disciplined, defending Offley couldn’t break through.
City walked away with all three points and are now the only team undefeated in the league.
Squad: Sasha Tucker, Emma Tammaro, Sammy Rowlands, Grace Campion, Megan Kiff, Rachel Sherlow, Sarah Ward, Kelly Hancock, Lucy Hancock (C), Amber Charlton, Renae Mooney, Sophie Joseph, Isis Anders, Sophie Green, Molly Slade, Georga Knight,
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 10 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped