St Albans City ladies reach third qualifying round of the FA Cup
St Albans City Ladies put five unanswered goals past Wavney Wanderers to progress to the third qualifying round of the FA Cup.
After a cagey start, City started to control the game with some good football. Chances came and went and it took until just before the interval for St Albans to break the deadlock. Following a succession of corners Lucy Hancock drilled a low shot from the edge of the box into the bottom corner.
The second half was all about the quality of City ladies’ football and extra effort in the final third of the pitch, which resulted in four more goals from Megan Kiff, Kelly Hancock, Amy Crumpler and centre back Rachel Sherlow.
The ladies set up the Wavney tie with a first qualifying round 2-1 win over Sawbridgeworth, who are a number of leagues above them.
Georga Knight and Kelly Hancock scored the goals.
You may also want to watch:
The Saints have made a perfect start to the season and continued their fine form with 3-2 win over Sharnrook in the league and a 2-1 win over Bishop’s Stortford in the League Cup.
The next opportunity to watch the undefeated St Albans City Ladies team at home is October 20, kick-off is 2pm at London Colney FC. Admission is free.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book