St Albans City ladies reach third qualifying round of the FA Cup
St Albans City Ladies put five unanswered goals past Wavney Wanderers to progress to the third qualifying round of the FA Cup.
After a cagey start, City started to control the game with some good football. Chances came and went and it took until just before the interval for St Albans to break the deadlock. Following a succession of corners Lucy Hancock drilled a low shot from the edge of the box into the bottom corner.
The second half was all about the quality of City ladies’ football and extra effort in the final third of the pitch, which resulted in four more goals from Megan Kiff, Kelly Hancock, Amy Crumpler and centre back Rachel Sherlow.
The ladies set up the Wavney tie with a first qualifying round 2-1 win over Sawbridgeworth, who are a number of leagues above them.
Georga Knight and Kelly Hancock scored the goals.
You may also want to watch:
The Saints have made a perfect start to the season and continued their fine form with 3-2 win over Sharnrook in the league and a 2-1 win over Bishop’s Stortford in the League Cup.
The next opportunity to watch the undefeated St Albans City Ladies team at home is October 20, kick-off is 2pm at London Colney FC. Admission is free.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans