St Albans City hit for four by Bath City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City sunk to a 4-1 home defeat to Bath City in the National League South on Saturday.
It was an afternoon to forget for the hosts who found themselves 2-0 down after 21 minutes after efforts from Marvin Morgan and Nick McCootie.
It was 3-0 on 60 minutes as Shaun McCoulsky capitalised on a defensive mistake.
There was slight cheer for the home support as Charlie Walker pulled one back soon after.
Saints saw a chance to make it 3-2 go begging as Shaun Lucien’s penalty was saved by Bath keeper Max O’Leary after Sam Merson had been fouled.
You may also want to watch:
In the final stages the visitors’ Andy Watkins tucked in for 4-1 after McCoulsky had hit a post.
St Albans return to action on Saturday as they visit Truro City.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre