St Albans City hit by cup fever ahead of two big qualifying games
- Credit: Archant
FA Cup fever hits St Albans City this week with two games.
City’s first team will travel to Hampshire on Saturday to face Petersfield Town in the FA Cup Third Qualifying Round.
Joint-manager Jimmy Gray has stressed that it is important to have a good run the cup and will see Saturday’s tie, against a side who play two levels below City, as a big chance to progress further.
The winners of the tie will receive £7,500 from the prize fund and be just 90 minutes from the first round proper.
There is a coach going to the game. It costs £10 and will leave at 11am from the Clarence Road entrance to the ground.
You may also want to watch:
To reserve seats call Ian Rogers on 07714 145862.
Before all that though it is the turn of St Albans City youth team who have a second qualifying round match in the FA Youth Cup tonight (Thursday), away to Northwood FC.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
The winners will play away at Hayes & Yeading and will also be just one step from the first round proper.
Kick-off in Middlesex is at 7.45pm.