St Albans City hit by cup fever ahead of two big qualifying games
- Credit: Archant
FA Cup fever hits St Albans City this week with two games.
City’s first team will travel to Hampshire on Saturday to face Petersfield Town in the FA Cup Third Qualifying Round.
Joint-manager Jimmy Gray has stressed that it is important to have a good run the cup and will see Saturday’s tie, against a side who play two levels below City, as a big chance to progress further.
The winners of the tie will receive £7,500 from the prize fund and be just 90 minutes from the first round proper.
There is a coach going to the game. It costs £10 and will leave at 11am from the Clarence Road entrance to the ground.
You may also want to watch:
To reserve seats call Ian Rogers on 07714 145862.
Before all that though it is the turn of St Albans City youth team who have a second qualifying round match in the FA Youth Cup tonight (Thursday), away to Northwood FC.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
The winners will play away at Hayes & Yeading and will also be just one step from the first round proper.
Kick-off in Middlesex is at 7.45pm.