St Albans City snap up Hitchin Town forward Luke Brown
- Credit: DANNY LOO
St Albans City have raided Hertfordshire neighbours Hitchin Town for the signing of Luke Brown.
The 24-year-old is a forward-minded player who can also play attacking midfield, "the number 10 or midfield role" according to manager Ian Allinson.
He made a number of impressive appearances while with the Canaries, most notably a hat-trick in the FA Trophy tie with Mickleover in December.
Prior to his time at Top Field, he played for Cambridge City and had a spell across in the USA, playing for the University of Maryland.
He arrives with the City boss looking to bolster his midfield options.
Both Munashe Sundire and Solomon Nwabuokei have opted to leave the National League South side, the former joining King's Lynn Town.
St Albans have already signed Callum Adebiyi from Kings Langley and Liam Sole of Nottingham Forest.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district