St Albans City snap up Hitchin Town forward Luke Brown
- Credit: DANNY LOO
St Albans City have raided Hertfordshire neighbours Hitchin Town for the signing of Luke Brown.
The 24-year-old is a forward-minded player who can also play attacking midfield, "the number 10 or midfield role" according to manager Ian Allinson.
He made a number of impressive appearances while with the Canaries, most notably a hat-trick in the FA Trophy tie with Mickleover in December.
Prior to his time at Top Field, he played for Cambridge City and had a spell across in the USA, playing for the University of Maryland.
He arrives with the City boss looking to bolster his midfield options.
Both Munashe Sundire and Solomon Nwabuokei have opted to leave the National League South side, the former joining King's Lynn Town.
St Albans have already signed Callum Adebiyi from Kings Langley and Liam Sole of Nottingham Forest.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall