St Albans City claim another pre-season clean sheet after stalemate with Sutton United
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City get their third scoreless draw of pre-season in a tough fixture against Sutton United.
And while the Saints failed to score at Clarence Park against the established Conference National side, they did have some promising moments in the second half.
No real chances of note took place for the opening 30 minutes despite Sutton having most of the possession
The first real opportunity of the game came after Michael Johnson failed to hold on to a header from Sutton but luckily James Kaloczi was there to clear his lines.
Sutton were most certainly the better of the two sides during the first period but both sides seemed to cancel each other out as they were unable to create many chances
You may also want to watch:
More of the same occurred after the break despite City getting more of the ball and looking more threatening.
The biggest chance of the half for the Saints fell to Kaloczi as he had a rather scrappy header cleared off the line by the Sutton defence.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
This is now City’s sixth clean sheet during pre-season having only conceded two against Hashtag United.