St Albans City announce pre-season fixtures including visit of club legend
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have their fingers crossed that government advice changes soon after announcing their pre-season line-up.
The final three games are all at Clarence Park against National League opposition, the final one of which will see King’s Lynn Town visit, the club that City legend Paul Bastock is now assistant manager of.
The others are against Wealdstone and Sutton United.
At the moment all pre-season contests will be played behind closed doors but with the levels below working towards a September start with fans, City are clearly hoping that extends to pre-season matches.
They start on August 15 at home to Hashtag United before trips to Stotfold, Watford U23, Cheshunt, Barton Rovers and Hendon, managed by Lee Allinson, son of Saints boss Ian.
You may also want to watch:
Wealdstone visit Clarence Park on September 15, four days before Sutton. The game against King’s Lynn is set for September 26
The National League South season will start in October with City’s first competitive game coming in the FA Cup second qualifying round on October 3.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe