St Albans City announce pre-season fixtures including visit of club legend
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have their fingers crossed that government advice changes soon after announcing their pre-season line-up.
The final three games are all at Clarence Park against National League opposition, the final one of which will see King’s Lynn Town visit, the club that City legend Paul Bastock is now assistant manager of.
The others are against Wealdstone and Sutton United.
At the moment all pre-season contests will be played behind closed doors but with the levels below working towards a September start with fans, City are clearly hoping that extends to pre-season matches.
They start on August 15 at home to Hashtag United before trips to Stotfold, Watford U23, Cheshunt, Barton Rovers and Hendon, managed by Lee Allinson, son of Saints boss Ian.
You may also want to watch:
Wealdstone visit Clarence Park on September 15, four days before Sutton. The game against King’s Lynn is set for September 26
The National League South season will start in October with City’s first competitive game coming in the FA Cup second qualifying round on October 3.
- 1 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 4 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 District's COVID cases fall below England's average for first time in a month
- 7 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 8 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 9 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 10 Horse owner pleads with public not to feed equine