St Albans City announce pre-season fixtures including visit of club legend
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have their fingers crossed that government advice changes soon after announcing their pre-season line-up.
The final three games are all at Clarence Park against National League opposition, the final one of which will see King’s Lynn Town visit, the club that City legend Paul Bastock is now assistant manager of.
The others are against Wealdstone and Sutton United.
At the moment all pre-season contests will be played behind closed doors but with the levels below working towards a September start with fans, City are clearly hoping that extends to pre-season matches.
They start on August 15 at home to Hashtag United before trips to Stotfold, Watford U23, Cheshunt, Barton Rovers and Hendon, managed by Lee Allinson, son of Saints boss Ian.
You may also want to watch:
Wealdstone visit Clarence Park on September 15, four days before Sutton. The game against King’s Lynn is set for September 26
The National League South season will start in October with City’s first competitive game coming in the FA Cup second qualifying round on October 3.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind