St Albans City sign four-year kit deal with hummel
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City will be launching a new kit this season after agreeing a four-year deal with hummel.
The agreement will see the Danish sportswear brand supply Saints with playing, training and travel wear from the start of the 2020-2021 season.
The company, who have made kits for the likes of Tottenham Hotspur and Real Madrid in the past as well as famously for Denmark during their 1992 European Championship success, already kit-out some of the St Albans City Youth teams.
A spokesman said: “The club views this new long-term association with what has been a global success story as another important part of its ambitious plan to make the move up to the next level.
“hummel’s famous chevrons have been worn by some of the world’s most famous sides. They are a company that is moving in only one direction and the club welcomes the opportunity to be part of that journey.”
You may also want to watch:
St Albans’ co-owner Lawrence Levy said: “We are very excited to welcome hummel, a company whose ambition I feel matches our own, into what we’re aiming to do here at Clarence Park.
“We considered a range of options, but it’s fair to say that we were extremely impressed with hummel’s professional approach and overall commitment to quality.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 8 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 9 When One Direction, Ed Sheeran, The Police and Led Zep played Herts gigs
- 10 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
“It’s quite simply the kind of company that this club want to be associated with and we look forward to working closely with them to deliver our players, supporters and youth teams an exciting range of products over the coming years.”