No rush to decide but St Albans City still considering more transfers
- Credit: DANNY LOO
St Albans City may not yet be finished with their summer transfer dealings - although manager Ian Allinson is still in no rush to bring in a new face.
City's pre-season game with Stevenage at Clarence Park ended in a 1-0 defeat, Harry Draper getting the only goal on 60 minutes.
The game marked a home debut for new signings Callum Adebiyi and Luke Brown and the boss is still considering if he needs any more.
The boss said: "We have to see where we are with losing Munashe [Sundire] and Solomon [Nwabuokei] because they were big players for us.
"We have to see what we’ve got first and foremost before we decide if we need to go out and replace them.
"I want to give these players four or five games to have a look.
"It also gives the young academy boys a chance to come in and impress us. Huw [Dawson] and Alex [Lankshear] have not let us down at all, they have done a good job and they are just 17 and 18.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
"It is good experience for them."