St Albans City deny deal with Peterborough United for Junior Morias
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have moved to scotch rumours that a deal has been agreed with Peterborough United for FA Cup hero Junior Morias.
The striker, who signed for Saints from Boreham Wood in the summer, leapt to national prominence on Sunday with two stunning goals in the 5-3 defeat to Carlisle United.
And following a tweet from Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony which hinted at the signing of a striker who had scored a “scorcher” in the Cup, some said that player was Morias.
However, the club have moved to deny that any deal is in place for the 21-year-old, either with Peterborough or anyone else.
A spokesman said: “Obviously there is going to be speculation with all of our players after a good start to the season, especially those who are up the top of the goal-scoring charts.
You may also want to watch:
“At this moment in time it’s all just rumours and the squad is fully focused on tonight’s National League South match at Dartford and Saturday’s home game against Hungerford Town.
“No deal is in place with anyone.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall