St Albans City delighted at Dean Snedker’s call-up to FA representative squad
- Credit: Archant
Dean Snedker has been called up to represent the FA representative side.
The St Albans City goalkeeper earned the recognition after a string of impressive displays in National League South and will join up with the team, chosen by England C manager Paul Fairclough, for a game at Kenilworth Road on April 9 against Bedfordshire FA.
The match will celebrate the county’s 125th anniversary.
City boss Ian Allinson said it was a worthy inclusion for the player, as well as be a hat-tip to the club itself.
He said: “The consistency he has shown since January has been good.
You may also want to watch:
“We conceded too many goals but you cannot put too much wrong on what he’s done in the last 14 games or so.
“I’m pleased for Dean and pleased for the club. It’s a great accolade for us and hopefully if he plays and performs well, it might lead to something else.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season