St Albans City delighted at Dean Snedker’s call-up to FA representative squad
- Credit: Archant
Dean Snedker has been called up to represent the FA representative side.
The St Albans City goalkeeper earned the recognition after a string of impressive displays in National League South and will join up with the team, chosen by England C manager Paul Fairclough, for a game at Kenilworth Road on April 9 against Bedfordshire FA.
The match will celebrate the county’s 125th anniversary.
City boss Ian Allinson said it was a worthy inclusion for the player, as well as be a hat-tip to the club itself.
He said: “The consistency he has shown since January has been good.
You may also want to watch:
“We conceded too many goals but you cannot put too much wrong on what he’s done in the last 14 games or so.
“I’m pleased for Dean and pleased for the club. It’s a great accolade for us and hopefully if he plays and performs well, it might lead to something else.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public