St Albans City clash with London Colney moved because of FA Cup
- Credit: Mark Long
As expected the date of the Herts Senior Challenge Cup derby between St Albans City and London Colney has been changed.
Originally set to meet on Tuesday, November 1, at Clarence Park, the two sides will now meet 24 hours earlier on Monday, October 31.
This is because of City’s FA Cup first round proper clash with Sky Bet League Two side Carlisle United, again at Clarence Park, the following Saturday.
Speaking to the Herts Ad earlier in the week, Saints manager Ian Allinson said: “We’ve got quite a big squad and it will give me the chance to look at some of the others who haven’t had a chance.
“That’s important as there are five or six who need starts.”
Both teams have had a good start to the season.
As well as their run in the FA Cup, St Albans are sitting just outside the play-off places in the Vanarama National League South while London Colney have won 12 and drawn one of their opening 14 Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division matches.
- 1 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 2 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 8 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 9 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
A spokesman for St Albans said: “We would like to thank London Colney for allowing us to bring the match forward by 24 hours.
“We look forward to seeing as many supporters for both games as possible.”
The match will kick-off at 7.45pm.
Tickets are priced at £5 for adults and £1 for U16s.
Saints supprters will also be able to buy FA Cup tickets and official club merchandise.