St Albans City boss hails ‘fantastic’ fans
- Credit: Archant
Ian Allinson has thanked the St Albans city fans for their support – and said they could be a real help in the final run-in.
He was speaking after Saints had come from behind to defeat fellow strugglers Weston-super-Mare.
And with the two goals coming in the last 21 minutes, it had created a cracking atmosphere at Clarence Park.
“It must have been frustrating for them but certainly the Whitehawk game and today we’ve gave them something to shout about,” he said.
“They’ve been great; they’ve been very patient in terms of what we’ve been trying to do, certainly since I’ve been here.
“But when you give them something to shout about, they get behind the players.
“They want to see this team do well, we all do, and the supporters in the last 20 minutes were fantastic.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
“And it’s great to see.
“At the end the players have gone across to show their appreciation because they do appreciate what they do for the club and it’s those little bits, like having the crowd behind you, that you might need in those last few games.”