St Albans City boss hails ‘fantastic’ fans
- Credit: Archant
Ian Allinson has thanked the St Albans city fans for their support – and said they could be a real help in the final run-in.
He was speaking after Saints had come from behind to defeat fellow strugglers Weston-super-Mare.
And with the two goals coming in the last 21 minutes, it had created a cracking atmosphere at Clarence Park.
“It must have been frustrating for them but certainly the Whitehawk game and today we’ve gave them something to shout about,” he said.
“They’ve been great; they’ve been very patient in terms of what we’ve been trying to do, certainly since I’ve been here.
You may also want to watch:
“But when you give them something to shout about, they get behind the players.
“They want to see this team do well, we all do, and the supporters in the last 20 minutes were fantastic.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
“And it’s great to see.
“At the end the players have gone across to show their appreciation because they do appreciate what they do for the club and it’s those little bits, like having the crowd behind you, that you might need in those last few games.”