St Albans City boss hails ‘fantastic’ fans
- Credit: Archant
Ian Allinson has thanked the St Albans city fans for their support – and said they could be a real help in the final run-in.
He was speaking after Saints had come from behind to defeat fellow strugglers Weston-super-Mare.
And with the two goals coming in the last 21 minutes, it had created a cracking atmosphere at Clarence Park.
“It must have been frustrating for them but certainly the Whitehawk game and today we’ve gave them something to shout about,” he said.
“They’ve been great; they’ve been very patient in terms of what we’ve been trying to do, certainly since I’ve been here.
You may also want to watch:
“But when you give them something to shout about, they get behind the players.
“They want to see this team do well, we all do, and the supporters in the last 20 minutes were fantastic.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
“And it’s great to see.
“At the end the players have gone across to show their appreciation because they do appreciate what they do for the club and it’s those little bits, like having the crowd behind you, that you might need in those last few games.”