St Albans City beat Bridport to move one match away from the first round proper of the FA Cup
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City are one game away from the first round proper of the FA Cup – but they had to battle to a 2-1 victory over Bridport.
The Wessex Premier League side, who play three division below Saints, scored early on in the second half to halve the hosts’ 2-0 half-time lead and there were chances to equalise.
But Saints, for whom Shaun Lucien and Percy Kiangebeni scored, had plenty of chances themselves to kill the game off.
Sam Merson and Rhys Murrell-Williamson both went close and Zane Banton hit the crossbar shortly after Bridport’s goal.
The former Luton Town man had also hit the woodwork in the first half.
You may also want to watch:
Lucien’s goal saw him cut inside and beat his man on 24 minutes before firing home from 20 yards.
Kiangebeni double the lead seven minutes later after marching towards the box before hitting an effort that took a deflection.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
The draw for the fourth qualifying round takes place on Monday, live on Talksport Radio at 1pm.
St Albans have made the first round proper in three of the last four years.