St Albans City back in play-offs after impressive win on their Truro trek
- Credit: Archant
Two late goals will make the six-hour return journey from Cornwall fly past after St Albans City picked up an impressive 2-1 win at Truro City.
Sam Merson and Charlie Walker scored inside the final 20 minutes to delight the travelling army of supporters.
It was Merson’s ninth of the season in all competitions, getting in behind the home defence to beat keeper Tom McHale.
Walker’s came on 81 minutes as he pounced on a mistake by Ben Gerring to fire past the helpess McHale.
Tyler Harvey pulled one back from the penalty spot as the clock moved into added time but City held on for a vital victory.
You may also want to watch:
They are now seventh in the Vanarama National League South table, six points behind leaders Dartford, and just two adrift of today’s hosts in fourth.
City’s next game is away to Hertford Town on Tuesday in the Herts Senior Cup before league action action returns to Clarence Park on Saturday with the visit of FA Cup heroes Oxford City.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game