St Albans City back in play-offs after impressive win on their Truro trek
- Credit: Archant
Two late goals will make the six-hour return journey from Cornwall fly past after St Albans City picked up an impressive 2-1 win at Truro City.
Sam Merson and Charlie Walker scored inside the final 20 minutes to delight the travelling army of supporters.
It was Merson’s ninth of the season in all competitions, getting in behind the home defence to beat keeper Tom McHale.
Walker’s came on 81 minutes as he pounced on a mistake by Ben Gerring to fire past the helpess McHale.
Tyler Harvey pulled one back from the penalty spot as the clock moved into added time but City held on for a vital victory.
You may also want to watch:
They are now seventh in the Vanarama National League South table, six points behind leaders Dartford, and just two adrift of today’s hosts in fourth.
City’s next game is away to Hertford Town on Tuesday in the Herts Senior Cup before league action action returns to Clarence Park on Saturday with the visit of FA Cup heroes Oxford City.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall