Herd returns as Allinson anticipates ‘great opportunity’ for St Albans City against Watford
- Credit: Archant
Ben Herd should make a return to the St Albans City side when they face Watford at Clarence Park in the semi-final of the Herts Senior Cup.
The full-back has missed the last few weeks with a troublesome hamstring injury but has managed the last couple of training sessions and is expected to at least be on the bench.
Clovis Kamdjo is also back after a spell away from the club on compassionate leave but David Noble will definitely miss out.
Manager Ian Allinson has long said that this trophy is a priority for him and his team but even though the Premier League outfit will pose a stern test, he is ready for the challenge.
Speaking to the Herts Ad he said: “We had them watched in the last round against Bishop’s Stortford and they were totally in control.
You may also want to watch:
“They kept the ball really well and if we are not on our game we will be in trouble.
“But this is a great opportunity for us, especially at home.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
Kick-off is at 7.45pm.
Follow @npmetcalfe on Twitter for updates from Clarence Park and see www.hertsad.co.uk/sport for report and reaction.