St Albans City announce changes to pre-season fixtures
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have announced a couple of changes to their pre-season schedule.
The home match with Leyton Orient was scheduled for Saturday, July 28, but has now been switched to Tuesday, July 24, with a 7.45pm kick-off.
The move comes following discussions with the east London side and means Saints’ trip to Wingate & Finchley, originally set for that Tuesday night, will now be played two days later.
City also have been informed of their opponents in the Herts Charity Cup.
They will go to Hertford Town, the side who knocked them out of the Herts Senior Cup last term, on Monday, July 30.
You may also want to watch:
Kick-off is again 7.45pm.
Should St Albans be successful, they will be at home in the semi-final to either Potters Bar Town or Hemel Hempstead Town.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
The fixtures for the new Vanarama National League South season will be released on Wednesday with the season getting under way on August 4.