Premier League club to visit St Albans City in pre-season
- Credit: NIGEL FRENCH/PA
St Albans City have announced details of their pre-season campaign - which includes the visit of a young Arsenal side.
The Gunners U23s arrive at Clarence Park on Monday, August 1, with the kick-off time still to be announced.
That comes two days after the only other home friendly when National League Barnet are the visitors.
Saints have five other games, all on the road.
It begins at Rothamsted Park when they go to Harpenden Town on July 12 with a visit to Enfield Town, who had ex-Saints Lee Chappell, Scott Thomas, Harold Joseph and Percy Kiangebeni in their squad last year, coming one week later.
There is also a trip to Peterborough Sports on July 26, three days after the now traditional Allinson derby against Hendon.
The seven matches is in stark contrast to previous years where City have played nine or 10.
- 1 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 6 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 7 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 8 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Drum kit, CD player and stereo stolen in burglary
Manager Ian Allinson has also made the first two signings of the summer, retaining the services of defender Callum Adebiyi and forward Joe Neal from last year's squad.