St Albans City announce pre-season schedule ahead of new National League South season
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
The old season may have only just been entered into the history books but St Albans City are already gearing up for the new National League South campaign with the announcement of their pre-season fixtures.
City played eight games last year but they have chosen seven this time around.
League Two side Stevenage will visit Clarence Park on Saturday, July 13, while FA Cup finalists Watford are scheduled to send a side on Wednesday, July 24.
National League Barnet are the third and final team to arrive in the summer, three days after the Hornets.
Away trips will take Saints to Ware, Hendon and Lee Allinson's Biggleswade Town while a trip to Coles Park and Haringey Borough kicks it all off again on Saturday, July 6.
You may also want to watch:
The season begins properly on August 3.
List in full (all fixtures subject to change):
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Sat, Jul 6, Haringey Borough (away)
Tue, Jul 9, Ware (away)
Sat, Jul 13, Stevenage (home)
Tue, Jul 16, Biggleswade Town (away)
Sat, Jul 20, Hendon (away)
Wed, Jul 24, Watford XI (home)
Sat, Jul 27, Barnet (home)