St Albans City announce pre-season schedule ahead of new National League South season
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
The old season may have only just been entered into the history books but St Albans City are already gearing up for the new National League South campaign with the announcement of their pre-season fixtures.
City played eight games last year but they have chosen seven this time around.
League Two side Stevenage will visit Clarence Park on Saturday, July 13, while FA Cup finalists Watford are scheduled to send a side on Wednesday, July 24.
National League Barnet are the third and final team to arrive in the summer, three days after the Hornets.
Away trips will take Saints to Ware, Hendon and Lee Allinson's Biggleswade Town while a trip to Coles Park and Haringey Borough kicks it all off again on Saturday, July 6.
The season begins properly on August 3.
List in full (all fixtures subject to change):
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 4 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 5 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 8 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 9 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 10 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
Sat, Jul 6, Haringey Borough (away)
Tue, Jul 9, Ware (away)
Sat, Jul 13, Stevenage (home)
Tue, Jul 16, Biggleswade Town (away)
Sat, Jul 20, Hendon (away)
Wed, Jul 24, Watford XI (home)
Sat, Jul 27, Barnet (home)