St Albans City announce pre-season schedule ahead of new National League South season
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
The old season may have only just been entered into the history books but St Albans City are already gearing up for the new National League South campaign with the announcement of their pre-season fixtures.
City played eight games last year but they have chosen seven this time around.
League Two side Stevenage will visit Clarence Park on Saturday, July 13, while FA Cup finalists Watford are scheduled to send a side on Wednesday, July 24.
National League Barnet are the third and final team to arrive in the summer, three days after the Hornets.
Away trips will take Saints to Ware, Hendon and Lee Allinson's Biggleswade Town while a trip to Coles Park and Haringey Borough kicks it all off again on Saturday, July 6.
The season begins properly on August 3.
List in full (all fixtures subject to change):
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
Sat, Jul 6, Haringey Borough (away)
Tue, Jul 9, Ware (away)
Sat, Jul 13, Stevenage (home)
Tue, Jul 16, Biggleswade Town (away)
Sat, Jul 20, Hendon (away)
Wed, Jul 24, Watford XI (home)
Sat, Jul 27, Barnet (home)