Shambolic first-half sees St Albans City crash out of the Herts Charity Cup to Hertford Town
- Credit: Archant
An awful first half saw St Albans City crash out of the Herts Charity Cup 3-1 at Hertford Town.
Tommy Wade hit a first-half hat-trick for the Bostik South Central side as Saints fell apart.
The first came on 13 minutes with Wade pouncing after James Russell had parried an initial effort but the City goalkeeper was definitely at fault for number two.
He tried to dribble out of his six-yard box but was caught by Wade who executed a textbook tackle and slammed the ball into the empty net.
The third followed minutes later as a ball over the top found Wade free and he lobbed the onrushing Russell.
You may also want to watch:
Saints had to do something and they pulled one back eight minutes after the restart with Zane Banton curling one round a defender and beyond Lamar Johnson.
And the pressure kept coming, David Moyo, Ralston Gabriel, Sam Merson and Luke Tingey all having shots blocked, but try as they might they couldn’t turn it around and it is Hertford who go through to the next round.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
St Albans City: Russell, Tingey, Sage, Sambou, Kiangebeni, Diedhiou, Da Costa, Michael-Percil (Moyo 66), Merson, Gabriel, Banton.
Subs (not used): Moore-Azille, Joseph, Noble, Bonfieil
Goal: Banton 53
Hertford: Johnson, Sharman, Joynes, Toner, Twumasi, Beck, Keenleyside, Light (Thomson 41), Wade (Lutaaya 66), Ruff (Basden 75), Ward-Cochrane.
Subs (not used): Palmer, Thomas
Goals: Wade 13, 42, 45+1
HT: Hertford Town 3 St Albans City 0