St Albans City add young striker
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have announced the loan signing of young Watford striker Harvey Bradbury until the end of the season.
And the 19-year-old will go straight into Ian Allinson’s squad for the National League South match against Chelmsford at Clarence Park on Saturday (3pm).
Bradbury, son of former Manchester City and Portsmouth forward Lee, spent three years at Fratton Park before joining the ranks at Watford after a successful trial.
The teenager played against Saints in a behind-closed-doors friendly during pre-season and caught the eye of boss Allinson.
He said: “Harvey is someone we’ve been keeping an eye on and he currently brings a fresh approach to the team in terms of his height.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve gone on record as saying that I won’t be bringinng anyone into the side for the sake of it and in Harvey’s case he is certainly someone who will improve the side and offer us something different in the final third.
“I have to thank Watford for agreeing to let us secure the deal until the end of the season as I’m sure it will prove fruitful for all parties.”
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
Saints go into the weekend’s match on the back of a 2-0 defeat at Hemel Hempstead Town on New Year’s Day.
The loss left them three points outside the play-off places, but they will be looking to complete a double over Chelmsford, after goals from Tom Gardiner and Rhys Murrell-Williamson sealed a 2-0 away win in August.