St Albans City add young striker
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have announced the loan signing of young Watford striker Harvey Bradbury until the end of the season.
And the 19-year-old will go straight into Ian Allinson’s squad for the National League South match against Chelmsford at Clarence Park on Saturday (3pm).
Bradbury, son of former Manchester City and Portsmouth forward Lee, spent three years at Fratton Park before joining the ranks at Watford after a successful trial.
The teenager played against Saints in a behind-closed-doors friendly during pre-season and caught the eye of boss Allinson.
He said: “Harvey is someone we’ve been keeping an eye on and he currently brings a fresh approach to the team in terms of his height.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve gone on record as saying that I won’t be bringinng anyone into the side for the sake of it and in Harvey’s case he is certainly someone who will improve the side and offer us something different in the final third.
“I have to thank Watford for agreeing to let us secure the deal until the end of the season as I’m sure it will prove fruitful for all parties.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Saints go into the weekend’s match on the back of a 2-0 defeat at Hemel Hempstead Town on New Year’s Day.
The loss left them three points outside the play-off places, but they will be looking to complete a double over Chelmsford, after goals from Tom Gardiner and Rhys Murrell-Williamson sealed a 2-0 away win in August.