St Albans Centurions gearing up for a positive season after win over Vipers
- Credit: DARRYL BROWN
St Albans Centurions picked up a fine early season win as they put Anglian Vipers to the sword.
The 38-10 success saw the Toulmin Drive-based rugby league club out score their opponents by seven tries to two with the addition of new players making a real difference.
One of the older hands led the try-scoring charts through, Josh Lawrence getting two while there was one each for Jake Lawrence, Callum Porter, Will Fairhead, Martin Day and Adam Jasinski.
Head coach Sam Wingad said: " I am extremely proud of how the boys performed and the season is shaping up to be a successful one.
"We had two players stepping up from the youth in Max Robson-Smith and Oakley Renne-Sivell and they showed the successful player pathway we have at Centurions."
The first-team head to Hitchin Rugby Club on Saturday for a game with North Herts Crusaders Knights. Kick-off is at 2pm.
The Centurions' U14 side enjoyed a very good game against London Skolars, coming away with a 52-10 win.
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
- 5 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Cash stolen from parked car on Harpenden Road in St Albans
- 8 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 9 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 10 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
The club's masters are next in action on May 21 at home to a combined Southampton Spitfires and Medway Dragons team. All are welcome for the 2.30pm kick-off.